POSTER SERIES – CLICK ON THE LINK
AERIAL LIFTS & WORK PLATFORMS
- Workers who operate aerial lifts are properly trained in the safe use of this equipment.
- Maintain and operate elevating work platforms according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Never override hydraulic, mechanical, or electrical safety devices.
- Never move the equipment with workers in an elevated platform unless this is permitted by the manufacturer.
- Do not position yourself between overhead hazards, such as joists and beams, and the rails of the basket.
- Know that movement of the lift could crush the worker(s).
- Maintain a minimum clearance of at least 20 feet away from the nearest energized overhead lines, UNLESS a permit has been developed & issued.
- Treat power lines, wires and other conductors as energized, even if they are down or appear to be insulated.
- Use a body harness and fall restraint to prevent being ejected or pulled from the basket.
- Set the brakes and use wheel chocks when on an incline.
- Use outriggers if provided on the lifts.
- Do not exceed the load limits of the equipment.
- Allow for the combined weight of the worker and tools.