Companies have an opportunity to integrate safety into everything with good safety topics. Having a comprehensive library of safety topics for every occasion is important.
I hope you will find the following resources helpful to you in expanding – or reinforcing – your safety and health knowledge base. I am confident that it will assist you in identifying the good and the not-so-good conditions and activities at your site. For other resources, click here.
10 Tips to Deliver a Great Safety Meeting
1. Don’t read the talking points. Know the subject and speak with your own voice.
2. Show people examples; pictures, videos, site-specific props, or point them out.
3. Make the topic vivid with a story – Share a personal example of how the topic applies.
4. Talk about positive examples of the application of the talking points.
5. Help people visualize the consequences. Share examples of related injuries.
6. Create “triggers” that will prompt people to think about the topics throughout the day.
7. Use humor in your discussion; use pictures, videos, etc.
8. Your job is to get people to imagine, think, & feel the value of the talking points.
9. Be interesting. Your audience will not forgive being boring.
10. Make people think with good questions.
PEAK Safety Poster Series
Principle to Practice Posters 16×24
On the Safe Side (Safety Topics)
Electrical Safe Work Practices
Principle to Practice Safety Leadership Topics
01 P2P Follow the Blue Line Book – Introduction
OSHA Safety Topics
02.03 Confined Space Definition PRCS
02.03 Confined Space Definition
02.06 Electrical Cords & Plugs
Hand Safety Topics
05.01 Hand Safety – Preventing Fractures Audit
05.01 Hand Safety – Preventing Fractures Talking Points
05.02 Hand Safety – Preventing Lacerations Audit
05.02 Hand Safety – Preventing Lacerations Talking Points
05.03 Hand Safety – Hand Tools Audit
05.03 Hand Safety – Hand Tools Talking Points
Safety Leadership Topics
01.02 10 Tips to Deliver a Memorable Topic
01.04 STAR – Top 10 Reasons we Take Chances
01.08 – Connect Dots – Safe Habits
01.09 – Connect Dots – Individual Safe Habits
01.10 – Connect Dots – Supvisor Safe Habits
OSHA Quick Take Topics
Respirators Rescuers of Animals
Fall Protection in General Industry
Construction Hazards (Top Four)
silica fact sheet construction
silica fact sheet gen industry