POSTER SERIES – CLICK ON THE LINK
Top 10 Reasons We Take Chances
- We overestimate our ability.
- We are too familiar with the task.
- We don’t believe the consequences are that bad.
- We are in control. Our voluntary actions feel safe.
- We have never seen the negative impact.
- We believe the “cost” is not that high.
- We believe the equipment will not fail.
- We have confidence in protection & rescue.
- We gain a perceived value in the activity.
- We see people we respect take the risk.
If you know when you are most likely to take chances, you can perform a Self-Check to avoid putting yourself at risk.
SAFETY TOPICS ARE AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM.
SAFETY CONSULTING RESOURCES